CAUGHT ON VIDEO: One person arrested at gunpoint on Highway 6 in Hamilton
One person is in police custody following what appears to be a high-risk arrest earlier today in Hamilton.
The incident, which took place on Highway 6 South near Haldibrook Road, involved police officers using their vehicles to force a black pickup truck to stop.
The officers then exit their vehicles and point their firearms at the person inside the pickup truck before making the arrest.
Multiple @HamiltonPolice cruisers damaged after high risk traffic stop earlier today on Highway 6 south near Haldibrook Road. One person under arrest at gunpoint. Submitted video. pic.twitter.com/egnuHED21D— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) April 18, 2021
It’s unknown whether there were any injuries or why the arrest was made.
Hamilton police have been contacted for comment and have not issued a response or official statement at this time.
More information to come.
- Hamilton man charged with theft, fleeing police, resisting arrest after high-risk pursuit (VIDEO)
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police responding to shooting on Hamilton Mountain
- Hamilton Police issue statement following release of video showing tense exchange with officers
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Hamilton tactical unit climb aerial ladder to the roof after person barricades themselves
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel police officer knees male on ground during arrest in Mississauga
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Peel Region reporting 784 new cases of COVID-19 in Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon—7.4 per cent decrease from previous day
- Peel Public Health orders Mississauga business to close due to outbreak of COVID-19