CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Motorcyclists Take Over GTA Highways
A group of motorcyclists wreaking havoc on GTA highways over the long weekend is being sought by Ontario Provincial Police.
“Not only were they driving dangerously and aggressively, at some time they came to a dead stop on the highway, causing congestion, chaos, frustration for motorists and really putting everyone at risk on the highways,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Numerous complaints came in about the group along the Queen Elizabeth Way, Highways 403, 401, 409, the Gardiner Express Way, and the Don Valley Parkway between 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.
“There could’ve easily been crashes,” said Schmidt.
Aerial video footage was released by police on Wednesday.
“We will continue to relentlessly pursue and investigate these riders until we have a successful conclusion,” said Schmidt.
Anyone who saw the riders or has dashcam footage or photos is asked to contact OPP at 416-317-8250 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Image courtesy of Ontario Provincial Police
OPP appealing for witnesses in motorcycle mob activities over the weekend— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) August 9, 2017
Call 416-317-8250 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS with info pic.twitter.com/dTS7zx1T9t
- Car Crash Fatalities on the Rise on Ontario Highways
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crazy footage serves as chilling reminder to drivers
- Fatal Motorcycle Crashes on the Rise in Ontario
- VIDEO: Multiple People Charged in Connection with Dangerous Motorcycle Stunts
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Cars spotted driving the wrong way on a Mississauga highway
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- September a possible return to indoor dining at restaurants cited by Mississauga mayor
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga