CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Mosque Burglar
Yesterday, Congregants at a Mississauga mosque reported that a thief manipulated their security cameras and stole a safe filled with recent donations and other documents, according to a recent CP24 article.
Now, a video has emerged that shows the burglar entering the mosque. The footage was taken on Sept. 14 around 2:30 a.m. and shows a man in a large, dark and long jacket and hat entering the building and possibly moving objects off to the side. After some time, he comes further into the room and can be seen opening and closing some drawers.
According to CP24, Shoaib Yousuf of the Qasim ul-Uloom Islamic Centre in the Queen and Britannia area said that congregants found items displaced when they arrived at the mosque on Tuesday morning for dawn prayer. He also said that the office door was open and a safe containing cash, cheques, chequebooks and other permits and Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) documents was missing.
Yousuf is asking the thief to please return any postdated cheques made out to the mosque.
- Important Documents Stolen from Mosque in Mississauga
- Man Arrested for Multiple Break and Enters at Mosque in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Allegedly Breaking into Mosque
- Mississauga Mosque Receiving Significant Money for Security Purposes
- Mississauga City Council Approves Mosque Expansion near Streetsville
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26