CAUGHT ON VIDEO: M City Launch Draws Insane Crowds
If you had trouble maneuvering around the City Centre area today, it’s because M City launched (meaning you’ll soon be free to purchase a unit) and drew absolutely incredible crowds to the Square One area.
A witness at the scene told insauga.com that the massive crowd, full of realtors clamoring for a good spot in the incredible lineup, was wild. As one would expect, there was some reported line jumping and pushing.
We caught the event on video and if you want to see things get really crazy, start watching around the 30 second mark.
Kim Kubath, a realtor with Royal Lepage, told insauga.com that suites range in size from 404 square feet to 884 square feet. Prices start at $233,900 and go up to $526,900.
“Most suites are in the 500-699 square foot range,” she says,
Buyers can expect to begin occupying the first tower, which will be flagship building (and the tallest in the city) for Rogers Garden City, in 2021. The 60-story building will rise above a five-storey podium and boast 776 suites.
Prospective buyers with realtors can begin purchasing units on April 1.
The highly-anticipated new development is slated to become a 10-tower, 15-acre, 4.3 million sq. ft. community that will feature over two acres of public parkland (which is good, as we all know green space is a big deal).
For those who are unaware, the M City plan is ambitious and vast and will be overseen by a number of firms, including Urban Capital, the Cooper Robertson architecture and urban design firm, the CORE Architects architecture and interior design company, Cecconi Simone interior design company and Baker Real Estate Inc.
The community is designed to fit into the city’s lofty Downtown 21 plan and is, for all intents and purposes, intended to further the city’s transformation from a semi-urban bedroom community to a richer, denser urban space.
Although the development was just announced last fall, it’s been in the works since 2007. Almost 10 years ago, Rogers Real Estate called on Urban Capital to help transform the long-held family asset (the Rogers family purchased the land in the 60s) into what they’re calling a “legacy community.”
The project should break ground sometime this year.
To learn more about M City, click here.
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Mississauga Warning Residents to Steer Clear of Ticks
- Find the perfect Back-to-School Stationery Collection at MUJI Square One in Mississauga
- Police Search for Missing Mississauga Teen
- Police Warning Residents of Scam Targeting Specific Community in Mississauga
- Stunning New Condo Set to Become Tallest Building in Mississauga
- A Super Cool Rooftop Skating Rink is Coming to Mississauga
- Huge New Condo Community Slated for City Centre Area in Mississauga
- Is the Massive Rogers Condo Community in Mississauga Historic or Good Marketing?
- Rogers Wants to Build Massive Condo Complex in City Centre in Mississauga