CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
As healthcare workers continue to work overtime during the COVID-19 pandemic, first responders decided to show their appreciation with a siren-blasting salute.
Around 5:30 p.m. this afternoon, Peel Police, Peel Paramedics, and Mississauga Fire crews all put their sirens on and drove around Credit Valley Hospital to show support to the staff.
“You are truly our superheroes and we WILL beat COVID-19!” police wrote on Twitter.
The video can be seen here:
Trillium Health Partners also took to Twitter to offer their thanks for what they said was a “heartwarming display of support.”
Thank you to our first responders for this heartwarming display of support for #healthcare professionals today.— Trillium Health Partners (@THP_hospital) March 28, 2020
We are all in this together! #BetterTogetherTHP cc: @Peel_Paramedics @PeelPolice @MississaugaFES @citymississauga pic.twitter.com/Yxtl69HlSu
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders celebrate Mississauga resident's last chemo treatment
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga residents make some noise for healthcare workers
- Costco Gives Priority Access to Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Trillium Health Partners announces visiting changes in response to COVID-19
- Peel opens emergency child care centres amid COVID-19 outbreak to support health care and frontline workers