CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Celebration for former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion's 100th birthday
The beloved former mayor of Mississauga is about to reach a very important milestone in her life, and the city is celebrating.
Earlier today, first responders — namely Peel police, paramedics, and Mississauga Fire — drove by Hazel McCallion’s residence in Streetsville with lights flashing and sirens blaring to celebrate McCallion turning 100 years old on Sunday, February 14.
Mayor Bonnie Crombie also attended, and a massive ice sculpture was created by Mohamad Fakih of Paramount Fine Foods to commemorate the occasion.
“Happy 100th Birthday Hazel,” Crombie said. “On behalf of the members of Council and the residents of Mississauga, we wish you many more years of good health and happiness.”
Today #PRP , @MississaugaFES and @Peel_Paramedics came together to wish former #Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a very Happy 100th birthday!— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) February 13, 2021
We wish you health and happiness as you celebrate. pic.twitter.com/T8YFur20fY
Photo courtesy of Bonnie Crombie via Instagram
- Happy 100th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Here’s what’s happening for Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- A new book about the life of Hazel McCallion will raise money for a Mississauga hospital
- Hazel McCallion and Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie Disagree on Growth and Sprawl
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store