CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Celebration for former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion's 100th birthday
The beloved former mayor of Mississauga is about to reach a very important milestone in her life, and the city is celebrating.
Earlier today, first responders — namely Peel police, paramedics, and Mississauga Fire — drove by Hazel McCallion’s residence in Streetsville with lights flashing and sirens blaring to celebrate McCallion turning 100 years old on Sunday, February 14.
Mayor Bonnie Crombie also attended, and a massive ice sculpture was created by Mohamad Fakih of Paramount Fine Foods to commemorate the occasion.
“Happy 100th Birthday Hazel,” Crombie said. “On behalf of the members of Council and the residents of Mississauga, we wish you many more years of good health and happiness.”
Today #PRP , @MississaugaFES and @Peel_Paramedics came together to wish former #Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a very Happy 100th birthday!— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) February 13, 2021
We wish you health and happiness as you celebrate. pic.twitter.com/T8YFur20fY
Photo courtesy of Bonnie Crombie via Instagram
- Happy 100th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Here’s what’s happening for Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- Former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion gets COVID-19 vaccine
- A new book about the life of Hazel McCallion will raise money for a Mississauga hospital
- Two Brampton residents killed in highway crash near Cornwall
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga secondary school
- If COVID vaccines ‘essential,’ Canadians could get shots in U.S. and no quarantine
- Grocery store employees in Mississauga and Brampton test positive for COVID-19
- Man arrested for sexual offences against two women in Mississauga