CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Cars spotted driving the wrong way on a Mississauga highway
The freezing rain that pummelled the GTA on Sunday, Dec. 1 wasn’t easy for anyone to navigate, but some drivers seemingly used the weather as an excuse to flout basic (and crucially important) road rules.
On Dec. 1, OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt tweeted out a video of multiple vehicles pulling u-turns near a construction zone on the 403 in Mississauga.
Very dangerous driving behaviour on #Hwy403 this morning. Drivers going the wrong way into oncoming traffic through a construction zone. This is very confusing for other motorists and could have resulted in serious collisions pic.twitter.com/CkwiEfAK1F— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) December 1, 2019
“Very dangerous driving behaviour on [highway] 403 this morning,” Schmidt tweeted.
“Drivers going the wrong way into oncoming traffic through a construction zone. This is very confusing for other motorists and could have resulted in serious collisions.”
Schmidt appears completely incredulous in the video, remarking that he isn’t even sure what to do.
“I don’t know what to do. This is a disaster waiting to happen,” Schmidt says on the video.
Later on that day, Schmidt tweeted that the OPP responded to over 400 collisions in the GTA that day alone.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- City fining contractor after snow plow takes out garbage bins in Mississauga
- Multiple sick coyotes spotted in Mississauga
- Man celebrating enormous multi-million jackpot lotto win in Mississauga
- Collisions and Diesel Spill Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga
- Mississauga Drivers Caught Driving at Ludicrous Speeds
- Fatal Collisions Rise Dramatically in 2018
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Paramedics Respond to Vehicle Fire in Mississauga