CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
A video recently posted to social media shows the aftermath of supermarket workers asking an unmasked male to leave their store in Mississauga.
The incident reportedly happened at T&T Supermarket, a Chinese supermarket located at 715 Central Parkway West which requires its customers to wear a mask inside.
When the man was asked to either wear a mask or leave, he dumped his items on the ground and began ranting, calling the workers communists, not Canadian, and blaming the coronavirus on the Chinese government.
The man also purported that he couldn’t wear a mask due to his asthma.
“If I wear a mask, I will have an asthma attack. And these communists are all attacking us — attacked my wife, this man pushed me,” the man announced to the rest of the store. “So you’re going to be in trouble. I’m gonna have the police right here at the door.”
While the situation briefly looked like it would escalate into violence, the workers eventually succeeded in getting the man to leave.
A full video of the incident can be seen below:
Photo and video courtesy of Firenze Yeung on YouTube
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- T&T CEO and Bonnie Crombie address racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store
- Man charged following racist rant at Mississauga supermarket
- Man threatened staff at Mississauga clinic after being asked to wear a mask: Police
- Police issue summons for Mississauga man caught on video ranting about masks
- Cases in Mississauga and Brampton push Peel Region COVID number to record high
- Americans told to avoid Canada and flying into Mississasuga's Pearson Airport over COVID concerns
- 26-year-old aspiring artist celebrating big lotto win in Mississauga
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- Hotspot vaccines for over 18 crowd not ready to roll in Mississauga and Brampton