CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of police-involved shooting in Mississauga
Video footage of the aftermath of a police-involved shooting has emerged.
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) recently announced that it is investigating the shooting that sent one man to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
You can see a video of the aftermath of the incident, courtesy of @digitaltheory, below:
The SIU says that at approximately 7:45 p.m. on Jan. 7, 2020, Peel Regional Police officers arrived in the area of Southampton Drive and Aquinas Avenue to make an arrest.
The SIU says officers located the person of interest - a 28-year-old man - in a vehicle.
According to the SIU, there was an interaction and one officer discharged his firearm at the vehicle multiple times.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
Five investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to the case.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- City councillor furious after fire set in sports field in Mississauga
- First Ontario-produced masks ready for use, Premier Doug Ford says
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 350 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- Man dies after being shot by police in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of shooting in Mississauga
- Man Dies After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga