CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of police-involved shooting in Mississauga
Video footage of the aftermath of a police-involved shooting has emerged.
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) recently announced that it is investigating the shooting that sent one man to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
You can see a video of the aftermath of the incident, courtesy of @digitaltheory, below:
The SIU says that at approximately 7:45 p.m. on Jan. 7, 2020, Peel Regional Police officers arrived in the area of Southampton Drive and Aquinas Avenue to make an arrest.
The SIU says officers located the person of interest - a 28-year-old man - in a vehicle.
According to the SIU, there was an interaction and one officer discharged his firearm at the vehicle multiple times.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
Five investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to the case.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- Man dies after being shot by police in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Male in distress leads to fatal police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- UPDATE: SIU investigating one subject officer and nine witness officers in fatal Mississauga shooting
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga