CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of Pedestrian Being Struck on Highway 403 in Mississauga
A pedestrian was struck by a vehicle on the eastbound 403 near Hurontario Street at 7:19 p.m.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver remained at the scene, and police are investigating why there was a pedestrian on the highway at all.
All lanes and the eastbound on-ramp at Erin Mills Parkway are closed due to the ongoing investigation. Traffic is currently being diverted off the highway at Mavis and Erin Mills.
Drivers are advised to expect lengthy delays and find alternate routes if possible.
- Nearly 10 per cent of restaurants have had to close permanently due to COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 200 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Mississauga to temporarily lay off about 2,000 employees due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Police investigating fatal collision involving pedestrian on 403 in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga Pronounced Dead, Driver Fled
- Highway closed after pedestrian fatally struck in Oakville
- VIDEO: Police Investigating After Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on 401
- UPDATED: Female Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga