Catholic Board approves renewal projects for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Georgetown schools
Published November 22, 2021 at 3:44 pm
Two Catholic schools in each of Burlington and Oakville and one in Georgetown and Milton are getting a facelift.
The Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) has approved six facility renewal projects at an estimated cost of $6.75 million.
The projects will now be put out for competitive construction tenders by the HCDSB staff. Construction is set to be completed in the summer of 2022, in an effort to have all six schools ready for students and staff before the start of classes in September 2022.
A second motion also passed that the HCDSB authorize staff to expense funds from the available capital funding and the capital reserve for the proposed 2022 facility renewal projects, and that the expenditures will not exceed $6,750,000.
Both motions carried easily by a 9-2 vote with only Oakville Trustee Peter DeRosa and Burlington Trustee Vincent Iantomasi voting against them.
The schools having renewal projects done and the work involved includes:
- Christ the King Secondary School (Georgetown) – Window replacement project. Estimated preliminary budget of $650,000
- Corpus Christi Catholic Secondary School (Burlington) – Resurfacing of the 400m track. Estimated preliminary budget of $300,000.
- Holy Rosary Catholic Elementary School (Milton) – Roof replacement and refresh that would include lighting and mechanical equipment work. Estimated preliminary budget of $1,800,000.
- St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Secondary School (Oakville) – Turf replacement. Estimated preliminary budget of $700,000.
- St. John Catholic Elementary School (Burlington) – Replacing mechanical along with cosmetic refresh of school that doesn’t include lighting because lighting was replaced in 2016. Estimated preliminary budget of $1,100,000.
- St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Elementary School (Oakville) – Roof replacement. Estimated preliminary budget of $650,000.
Estimated Preliminary Budget
Total – $5, 400,00
Contingencies (15 per cent) – $10,000
Professional fees (10 per cent) – $40,00
Total – $6.75M estimate cost based on past projects.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies