Candy-themed park aims to give Mississauga a giant sugar rush
Possibly the sweetest thing ever to hit Mississauga will be coming to Square One next month.
Sugar Rush, billed as a "Candytropolis," is an open-air theme park featuring 40,000 square-feet of installations, art displays, live performances and inter-actions all with a candy-coated theme.
It is coming to parking lot 6 of Square One beginning August 6 and will run Thursdays to Sundays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. until September 6.
Fresh off a successful run in Los Angeles, Sugar Rush is designed for families and friends who to enjoy a light-hearted and festive atmosphere as they walk through the displays of oversized candy creations that will be set up for both day and night viewing.
As part of the package, candy is included in the price with the option to purchase more along the way.
Ticket prices are $24.99 each with a four-pack available for $85. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
On select days you can also bring along your pet.
COVID protocols will be in effect.
Tickets and other information can be found here.
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February