Candlelight vigil being held for man who died in St. Catharines explosion
Published January 20, 2023 at 9:44 am
The sister of the man killed in the St. Catharines explosion and fire last week is making sure her brother will be remembered for his “kind and loving” spirit by holding a candlelight vigil this Saturday (Jan. 21) on the pier walk at Lakeside Park in Port Dalhousie.
Nicole Konkin, sister of the late Ryan Konkin, the 37-year-old who died in the explosion at the Ssonix hazardous waste facility on Jan. 12, has also started a Go Fund Me for his fiancee, Natalia, as the pair had just purchased a specialty coffee truck.
“We really want to help Natalia continue the life they were building together and see their dreams of sharing joy through their food truck through. This is how we will honour Ryan most authentically,” said Nicole.
The Go Fund Me, created three days ago, had a goal of $10,000 and is up to $12,880 as of this morning (Jan. 20). The food truck was just licensed the day before the explosion and will be launching soon.
Natalia was not the only one left behind, noted Nicole. “Ryan is survived by his son Vincent and our family will ensure he is well taken care of and has every opportunity available to him, just as Ryan had always wanted for his son,” she said.
The candlelight vigil will be held at Lakeside Park from 6 to 9 pm on Jan. 21. For more information on the Go Fund Me page, check HERE.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising