Canadians still haven’t returned to the gym: survey
Despite the fact all of Ontario has entered Stage 3, and gyms have been permitted to reopen, many Canadians have been leery of returning.
According to a recent study from RunRepeat, despite the fact gyms have reopened, only 30.77 per cent of people have resumed their regular workout routines.
Additionally, Canadians were most likely to have already cancelled their gym membership while businesses were closed during the pandemic.
Based on the findings, 21.15 per cent said they had already cancelled their membership, while 39.23 per cent are considering cancelling.
Further, consumer confidence in Canadian gyms has declined significantly since March.
The findings indicate 27.03 per cent fewer than the expected number of members have returned to their gyms by now.
- Numbers show the gym industry might not ever recover in Mississauga, Brampton and beyond
- PICK A SIDE: Is it still too early to reopen gyms?
- Canadians want vaccination rates to exceed 70 per cent of population before returning to ‘normal’
- 59 per cent of Canadians more motivated at work now than before pandemic: poll
- Hotels, restaurants, gyms in Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada still struggling due to pandemic-related restrictions
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- Major Mississauga roads closed after two-car collision