Canadians still haven’t returned to the gym: survey
Despite the fact all of Ontario has entered Stage 3, and gyms have been permitted to reopen, many Canadians have been leery of returning.
According to a recent study from RunRepeat, despite the fact gyms have reopened, only 30.77 per cent of people have resumed their regular workout routines.
Additionally, Canadians were most likely to have already cancelled their gym membership while businesses were closed during the pandemic.
Based on the findings, 21.15 per cent said they had already cancelled their membership, while 39.23 per cent are considering cancelling.
Further, consumer confidence in Canadian gyms has declined significantly since March.
The findings indicate 27.03 per cent fewer than the expected number of members have returned to their gyms by now.
- PICK A SIDE: Is it still too early to reopen gyms?
- 36 per cent of Canadians went over budget this past holiday season: survey
- More than 80 per cent of businesses impacted by pandemic: study
- 20 per cent of Canadians believe life-long financial goal has become unattainable
- Struggling boutique gyms navigate unique COVID-19 pandemic challenges
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga