Canadians getting first access to new dating app
If the last three months of quarantine has you yearning for a little romance in your life, there's good news--Canadians are getting first access to a new dating app.
Spark, a dating app designed for those who want more opportunity for self-expression and creative connection while trying to find romance, has already launched in Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg, and the team plans to significantly increase Spark's presence across Canada throughout the summer.
Spark was designed with the intention of offering users more unique experience, rather than just a few photos to swipe through, for those who are frustrated with the one-size-fits-all approach of many online dating apps.
“We saw space in the online dating market for an app that could help people to truly customize the way in which they present themselves," Tobias Plaputta, project lead for Spark, said in a news release.
“We believe that people are more than just a bio, which is why we designed Spark around the concept of ‘frames.’ These include photo filters and interactive question cards that allow users to curate a unique profile, and match with others on what matters to them," he continued.
Plaputta also emphasized Spark's focus on determining matches based on personality fit, as opposed to crossing items, such as age, height, and weight, off a checklist.
“We think an emphasis on age can distract people from finding the right match," he said.
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible