Canadian featherweight T.J. Laramie drops off May 1 UFC card due to injury
An injury has forced Canadian featherweight T.J. (The Truth) Laramie off the May 1 UFC Fight Night card.
The 23-year-old from Windsor, Ont., was slated to face Damon (The Leech) Jackson. He will be replaced by Luke (Cool Hand) Sanders. The UFC did not specify the injury.
Laramie (12-4-0) is coming off a submission loss in his UFC debut to Darrick Minner last September.
The main event in Las Vegas sees Dominick (The Devastator) Reyes, ranked third among light-heavyweight contenders, against No 5 Jiri (Denisa) Prochazka of the Czech Republic.
Canadians Randa (Quiet Storm) Markos and K.B. (The Brngal) Bhullar are also on the May 1 card at the UFC's Apex production facility.
Markos faces Brazilian strawweight Luana Pinheiro in a bout that was originally set for UFC 260 on March 27 but was rescheduled after the 35-year-old from Windsor contracted COVID-19.
Bhullar, a 29-year-old from Edmonton, takes on Greek middleweight Andreas (Spartan) Michailidis.
- Strawweight Randa (Quiet Storm) Markos becomes third Canadian on UFC 260 card
- Canadian featherweight Tristan (Boondock) Connelly to fight in UFC 261 card
- Canadian flyweight Gillian (The Savage) Robertson faces Miranda Maverick at UFC 258
- Canadian UFC bantamweight Sarah (Cheesecake) Moras returns to action in May
- Bianca Andreescu forced to withdraw from tournament due to injury
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga