Canada's Wonderland is Getting a Massive Winter Festival
It’s no secret that Canada’s Wonderland is a go-to destination for Mississaugans in the summer. And the amusement park boasts the Halloween Haunt in the fall.
Now, Canada’s Wonderland is getting a huge new festival that you might want to check out.
In winter 2019, that is.
WinterFest is set to be an “immersive holiday experience” that runs throughout late November and December, according to a recent release from Canada’s Wonderland.
You can expect a ton of holiday- and winter-themed features that aim to transform the park into an enchanted winter wonderland.
Uniquely themed areas, dozens of Christmas trees, millions of spectacular lights, ice-skating, live entertainment, savory treats, crafts, and hands-on family activities are going to take over the park.
Here are some specifics, courtesy of Canada’s Wonderland:
- The park's fountain on International Street will become Snowflake Lake where guests can enjoy ice skating amid brilliant holiday lights.
- Each night, singers and dancers will set the stage for the celebratory lighting ceremony of a 70-foot-tall (21 m) Christmas tree featuring more than 40,000 sparkling ornaments.
- WinterFest visitors can feast on savory treats and holiday favourites like turkey, gourmet hot chocolate and peppermint fudge, and then catch one of a dozen live holiday-themed shows like Cool Yule Christmas and Jingle Jazz.
- Children can help elves mail letters to Santa, decorate cookies in Mrs. Claus' Kitchen, and meet classic Peanuts characters or special WinterFest entertainers like Jack Frost, the Sugar Plum Fairy and Candy Cane.
"This is the largest capital investment we've made in our park since opening," said Norm Pirtovshek, Canada's Wonderland General Manager, in the statement.
“And to cap off our 2019 season, WinterFest will be a holiday event unique to Canada as our park transforms into a winter wonderland. You can expect magical holiday fun for guests of all ages."
It’s true that Canada’s Wonderland just annnounced that it’s building a record-breaking roller coaster for its 2019 season, too.
The Yukon Striker promises 3,625 feet of track, as the longest, fastest, and tallest dive coaster in the world.
It’ll feature a 90-degree, 245-foot drop, and go from zero to 130 kilometres per hour. The Yukon Striker will even dive into an underwater tunnel.
Get ready for the new attractions next year!
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Major phone scam affecting Mississauga; residents warned not to call back
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- Mississauga woman celebrating huge $1 million lotto win
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- More details emerge about Canada's Wonderland massive winter festival
- UPDATE: Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Opening Soon at Canada's Wonderland
- VIDEO: Canada’s Wonderland Introduces World’s Tallest And Fastest Dive Coaster
- Brand New, Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Built at Canada's Wonderland