Canada’s Wonderland announces intention to open park May 14
Despite the fact the number of new COVID-19 cases are still in the quadruple digits--Thursday (January 28) saw more than 2,000 new cases--Canada's Wonderland intends to open this summer.
In an email announcement sent to season-ticket holders, Canada's Wonderland announced it plans to open the park on May 14.
"Save the date! We are excited to announce Canada's Wonderland's 2021 Opening Day--May 14--and we look forward to welcoming you back for what is sure to be an AMAZING season," the announcement reads.
The announcement comes while Ontario is still in the midst of a stay-at-home order, and many businesses, including amusement parks, are prohibited from opening.
The park announced it will be implementing additional safety precautions upon reopening--visitors will be required to wear a face mask at all times, everyone entering the park will have their temperature checked at the entrance, and the park will have also implemented contactless turnstiles.
Additionally, according to the park's website, rides that are not conducive to physical distancing will be closed.
Further, some seats and rows of rides that are operational will be marked off to ensure riders can maintain physical distancing, and lines will also provide markings to facilitate physical distancing.
Moreover, frequently-touched surfaces, such as seats, restraints, headrests, and armrests will be sanitized regularly.
- Canada's Wonderland preparing for a possibly shortened season due to COVID-19
- Canada's Wonderland Outranks Disneyland On List Of 50 North American Amusement Parks
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland
- Here’s how you can enjoy the Kariya Park cherry blossoms in Mississauga while practising physical distancing
- Residents Warned of Major Canada's Wonderland Ticket Scam
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules