Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued in Parental Abduction of Six Year Old Girl
Peel Police, RCMP, and Interpol are currently investigating the parental abduction of a six year old girl named Tatianna Cuevas.
On July 29, 2018, police say Tatianna's mother provided consent for her ex-husband, John Varga Cueves, to take their child on a vacation to France and Germany.
"They were expected to return to Toronto on August 12, 2018 but they never arrived," police report. Police were notified on August 14.
On August 21, 2018, a Canada-wide warrant was issued for 39 year old John Varga Cuevas for the criminal charge of Abduction in Contravention of a Court Order.
John is described as a multi-racial male, 5’8”, 160 pounds, with a light complexion, short black hair, brown eyes, and possibly a chinstrap goatee.
Tatianna is described as a black female, 4’0”, 80 pounds, with a thin build, curly brown shoulder-length hair, and brown eyes.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information related to this incident or John and Tatianna's whereabouts is asked to contact police at 905-453-2121, ext. 2133.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Photos courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Homicide Suspect
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Suspected of Multiple Thefts in Mississauga
- Police Charge Mississauga Woman in Connection With Abduction Allegation that Led to Amber Alert
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Man Known to Frequent the GTA
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery