Canada Post worker at Mississauga facility tests positive for COVID-19
Canada Post recently confirmed that a worker at a Mississauga facility has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Canada Post said it was informed on April 2 that an employee tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The employee works on the east side of its Dixie Road facility.
The worker had not been at work since Saturday, March 28, as they were on annual leave.
"We are putting safety first and following the guidance of health officials at the national and local level. We informed employees and sent employees that would have been in contact with the employee home to await further direction," Canada Post said in an email to insauga.com.
"We understand that this has caused employees concern. We informed them we are working with the Peel public health authority to provide any assistance and will continue to follow their direction to keep our people and the community safe."
Canada Post also said that it's closing the potentially impacted area of the facility to conduct a deep-clean and sanitization with medical-grade cleaner.
"Although not related to this employee, the workspace in which the employee worked had also been thoroughly cleaned on the weekend. We will continue to evaluate the situation, work with public health officials and our local joint health and safety committee and keep our employees informed," Canada Post said.
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees test positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Mississauga FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- McDonald's location shut down after employee tests positive for COVID-19 in Mississauga
- Employee at Mississauga Walmart tests positive for COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots