Canada Post worker at Mississauga facility tests positive for COVID-19
Canada Post recently confirmed that a worker at a Mississauga facility has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Canada Post said it was informed on April 2 that an employee tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The employee works on the east side of its Dixie Road facility.
The worker had not been at work since Saturday, March 28, as they were on annual leave.
"We are putting safety first and following the guidance of health officials at the national and local level. We informed employees and sent employees that would have been in contact with the employee home to await further direction," Canada Post said in an email to insauga.com.
"We understand that this has caused employees concern. We informed them we are working with the Peel public health authority to provide any assistance and will continue to follow their direction to keep our people and the community safe."
Canada Post also said that it's closing the potentially impacted area of the facility to conduct a deep-clean and sanitization with medical-grade cleaner.
"Although not related to this employee, the workspace in which the employee worked had also been thoroughly cleaned on the weekend. We will continue to evaluate the situation, work with public health officials and our local joint health and safety committee and keep our employees informed," Canada Post said.
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Second employee at Canada Post's Streetsville office in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees test positive for COVID-19
- All employees must now be tested at Canada Post facility in Mississauga as COVID-19 outbreak grows
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Police on scene for man waving stick in the street in Mississauga
- Square One officially reopens in Mississauga
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton