Canada Post Halts Service Delivery Guarantees
If you’re waiting for something in the mail, we have some sad news.
Canada Post recently announced some shocking news regarding the ongoing and escalating rotating strikes.
The service delivery guarantee has been completely halted, according to a recent Canada Post news release.
The halt came as a result of the growing impact the union’s rotating strikes is having on postal operations across the country.
Canada Post is working to fulfill deliveries, but the strike has caused significant backlogs and delays throughout the Canada Post network.
As of today, Nov. 13, Canada Post's major processing centre in Vancouver was shut down from Friday evening to Tuesday morning.
Toronto's processing centre is also shut down resulting in more than 180 trailers full of parcels, packets, and mail sitting idle.
Canada Post is apologizing for the inconvenience and are advising customers to expect delays.
The company remains committed to serving Canadians and is working minimize the impacts of the union’s strike activities.
The end of the strike is still not in sight.
For updates, customers can go to canadapost.ca/update, or follow Canada Post on twitter @canadapostcorp.
- Brand New American Restaurant Goes Bankrupt in Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired in Mississauga
- Male Arrested for Setting Playground on Fire in Mississauga
- Car Seen Driving Erratically and Speeding Down Major Road in Mississauga