Canada Day Road Closures in Mississauga
Believe it or not, Canaday Day is tomorrow (how fast does time fly?).
The city’s Canada Day celebrations will be amped up this year in honour of the country’s 150th anniversary, so you can expect a few more revelers at various events throughout the city—especially at Celebration Square.
To make the most of the day, you might want to consider carpooling, walking/biking or taking public transit, as a number of roads will be closed.
Here’s a look at some closures to be aware of:
There will be road closures in the downtown core from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. on July 1. Areas impacted by the closures are outlined below.
Closed: July 1 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Duke of York Boulevard from Burnhamthorpe Road W. to Prince of Wales Drive
- City Centre Drive from Living Arts Drive to Mercer Street
- Princess Royal Drive from Living Arts Drive to Duke of York Boulevard
Closed: July 1 from 7 to 11:30 p.m.
- Living Arts Drive from Burnhamthorpe Road W. to Prince of Wales Drive
- Burnhamthorpe Road W. from Confederation Parkway to Hurontario Street
- Kariya Gate from Burnhamthorpe Road W. to City Centre Drive (northbound lanes only)
Parking and Transportation
With limited access to available parking downtown, event goers are encouraged to carpool, walk, bike or take MiWay. MiWay will also offer additional trips from the City Centre Transit Terminal following the fireworks on the following routes: 3, 7, 10, 19, 23, 26, 34 and 61.
Limited accessible parking is available at the 201 City Centre Dr. parking lot after 3 p.m. and in the Living Arts Centre underground parking lot.
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Milton driver high on alcohol and drugs get five years in jail for killing Mississauga man