Canada Basketball Makes Raptors Superfan Nav Bhatia Ambassador
Canada Basketball just made Nav Bhatia the Global Community Ambassador of Canada Basketball ahead of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019.
“Nav is not only a passionate basketball fan but an advocate for the values and benefits the game can have off the court and in the community,” said Canada Basketball President and CEO Glen Grunwald. “Canada Basketball is excited to work with Nav to grow the game of basketball in Canada, while we continue to chase our goals at the FIBA Basketball World Cup and the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.”
A long-time supporter of the Toronto Raptors, Bhatia aims to unite people of all ages and backgrounds through the game of basketball.
“My love for basketball and my country, Canada, which has given me everything I have in life, makes supporting and endorsing our Men’s and Women’s National Team programs all that more special to me. I have only one goal and that is to see our teams on top of the podium with gold medals around their necks, standing proudly for the world to see. I am excited to begin this new chapter for the Superfan alongside my good friend Glen Grunwald, everyone at Canada Basketball operations, the players who sacrifice for our country and all the fans who are ready to cheer on our red and white,” Bhatia said.
Nav will be cheering on Canada from his familiar position courtside when Canada opens exhibition play against Nigeria in Toronto on August and Winnipeg on August 9. He will also follow the team on their five-game exhibition tour to Australia and the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 in China.
The FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 will be held from August 31 to September 15. The games will be the biggest edition of FIBA’s flagship event with a record 32 participating teams playing 92 games over 16 days.
Canada must finish either first or second in the Americas zone to earn a direct berth to the following year’s Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
- Raptors' superfan honoured by Basketball Hall of Fame
- Raptors’ superfan donates $150,000 for new basketball courts in Mississauga
- Mississauga Basketball Star A Top NBA Draft Pick
- Toronto Raptors Sign Mississauga Basketball Player
- Tim Hortons Releases New Promo Video Featuring Raptors Superfan Nav Bhatia
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- T&T CEO and Bonnie Crombie address racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 407 closed due to massive fire
- Man threatened staff at Mississauga clinic after being asked to wear a mask: Police