Can You Help Police Name These Puppies?
OK, this is harder than it sounds.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is asking kids across Canada to help name puppies that will become future Mountie police service dogs.
The names of 13 German shepherd puppies will be born at the RCMP Police Dog Service Training Centre in Innisfail, Alta., throughout 2018.
The winning names “will be original and imaginative and will serve the puppies well during their careers as police dogs,” say police.
The 13 children whose puppy names are selected will each receive a laminated photo of their puppy, a plush dog called Justice, and an official RCMP baseball cap.
The rules of the contest are as follows:
- Puppy names must begin with the letter “L” and have no more than two syllables and nine letters.
- Contestants must live in Canada and be 14 years old or younger.
- Only one entry per child must be sent.
- Entries must be sent no later than Feb. 28.
To participate, use the online form or mail your puppy name, own name, age, complete address and telephone number to:
2018 Name the Puppy Contest
RCMP Police Dog Service Training Centre
P.O. Box 6120
Innisfail, AB T4G 1S8
If you’re sending snail mail, kids can get creative and include drawings and paintings.
Winning names will be chosen by staff.
In the event of multiple submissions of the same puppy name, a draw will determine the winning entry.
There will be one winner from each province and territory.
Contest winners will be announced on April 10.
Non-winning puppy names will be considered for other puppies born during the year.
Photos courtesy of Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk