Can You Guess the Top Baby Names in Mississauga and Beyond?
We’re just glad they aren’t fruit, fashion designers, or any New York City boroughs.
The province has released its 10 most popular baby names for 2017 and the results aren’t surprising, especially if you’ve been using social media, and thereby forced to tolerate your friends’ unbearable hashtags for their average-looking offspring.
So, here are the results.
Benjamin and Olivia are currently the most popular names for boys and girls born in Ontario.
Liam slipped to second place after holding the top spot for boys’ names for five years running, while Olivia remains the most popular baby girls’ name in Ontario since 2008.
Top girls names are:
Top boys names are:
- Lincoln makes it in the top 20 for the first time in history of Ontario baby names.
- Since the television series "The Crown" launched, Ontario top baby names have seen a royal increase, with an increase in Elizabeths, Margarets and Winstons.
The province is reminding parents they have up to 30 days to register their child’s birth after naming their newborns.
The easiest way to register a newborn is online through ServiceOntario's 4-in-1 Newborn Bundle.
Parents can register their child's birth and apply for their birth certificate, social insurance number, and child benefits online.
More than 1.2 million newborns have been registered in Ontario using the service since it launched in 2007.
Here are Ontario’s top 20 baby names for 2017:
1. Benjamin & Olivia
2. Liam & Emma
3. Noah & Charlotte
4. Ethan & Ava
5. Lucas & Sophia
6. William & Abigail
7. Jacob & Emily
8. Oliver & Amelia
9. James & Mia
10. Logan & Isabella
11. Nathan & Ella
12. Alexander/Owen & Chloe
13. Jack & Evelyn
14. Mason & Hannah
15. Daniel & Grace
16. Jackson & Aria
17. Lincoln & Avery
18. Adam & Lily
19. Aiden & Isla
20. Gabriel & Sofia
(Source: Ministry of Government and Consumer Services)
- Police Warning Residents to Ignore Robbery Hoax Circulating in Mississauga
- Winter Weather Travel Advisory is in Effect for Mississauga
- Police Asking for Public Help Identifying Female Victim in Mississauga
- New Stores Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation