Cake purchased at Farm Boy in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville faces recall
If you bought a certain brand of cake at a Farm Boy location in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville, don't take that bite.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Health Canada warn the Tres Leches Cake is being recalled over concerns that it could cause an allergic reaction.
Farm Boy itself ordered the recall because the product contains wheat which is not declared on the packaging. There have been no reported illnesses related to the consuming of the product at this point.
"If you have an allergy to wheat, or have celiac disease or other gluten-related disorders, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction," indicates Health Canada in its warning.
The health agencies are investigating to make sure the mislabelled packages are corrected.
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Geese causing major traffic jam at intersection in Brampton by Costco
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot