CAA applying rate relief for new and existing customers
Good news for those who have auto insurance with CAA--the company is reducing rates for Ontario drivers.
The company announced, in light of the ongoing pandemic, it will be enhancing its rate relief for Ontario policyholders to 15 per cent for a 12-month term.
This news comes in addition to previous measures taken by the company in 2020, including a 10 per cent rate reduction on both auto and home insurance policies for the duration of a 12-month policy term, a $100 auto insurance relief benefit, as well as a $50 relief benefit for our active Ontario auto policies.
The new rate relief will be automatically applied to all new customers effective April 15, 2021, and to existing customers whose auto policies renew on or after June 15, 2021.
Additionally, those whose auto policies renewed between January 1 and June 14, 2021, can apply for the incremental rate relief online.
“We recognize that people are either driving less or driving differently, and we don’t expect this to change in the short-term,” Matthew Turack, president of CAA Insurance Company, said in a news release.
“We understand there are many people facing challenges brought on by the pandemic. We believe that insurance companies should step up, give back and help Ontarians manage expenses during the COVID-19 pandemic," he continued.
- Ontario enables auto insurance companies to provide rebates to drivers amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Insurance company providing financial compensation for customers amid pandemic
- Despite fewer drivers on the road, Canadian auto insurance rates increase during second quarter of 2020
- New report shows Mississauga has fifth highest auto insurance rates in Ontario
- Are Men Paying Less Than Women for Auto Insurance?
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton