Busy Swiss Chalet Location Suddenly Closes in Mississauga
If you're in the mood for chicken—or are about to host a gathering attended by your elderly relatives and picky parents (especially those of European descent)—you might have to order from a different Swiss Chalet.
At least for now.
The Swiss Chalet in the Dixie and Eglinton Road area (5165 Dixie Rd, to be exact) has reportedly shuttered its doors for now.
A sign on the door indicates that the restaurant has been closed due to "unforeseen circumstances."
"To Our Valued Guests,
Due to unforeseen circumstances this restaurant is temporarily closed. We do have several neighbouring Swiss Chalet locations ready to serve our guests' needs!"
Another sign indicates the store has been closed for reasons beyond management's control.
While the news isn't good for locals who love rotisserie chicken, the city is far from a Swiss Chalet wasteland.
The brand operates locations in the Hurontario and Eglinton area and Dixie and Dundas area, which aren’t far from the Dixie and Eglinton store.
Sadly, another Swiss Chalet restaurant at Burnhamthorpe and Central Parkway also appears to be closed, as the phone number seems to have been disconnected.
There's no word on when the Dixie and Eglinton Swiss will reopen, but the closure does appear to be temporary.
- House of the Week: $3 mil family home with jacuzzi
- Happy 99th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- What Are Ontario’s Most Affordable Cities?
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Mississauga
- Here’s what a now-closed Swiss Chalet location in Mississauga is becoming
- You Can Now Get Poutine at This Major Restaurant Chain
- Major Restaurant Chain Getting Huge Makeover
- A Restaurant That Suddenly Closed is Finally Reopening in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening With a Popular Pho Place That Just Closed Down in Mississauga