Busy Swiss Chalet Location Suddenly Closes in Mississauga
If you're in the mood for chicken—or are about to host a gathering attended by your elderly relatives and picky parents (especially those of European descent)—you might have to order from a different Swiss Chalet.
At least for now.
The Swiss Chalet in the Dixie and Eglinton Road area (5165 Dixie Rd, to be exact) has reportedly shuttered its doors for now.
A sign on the door indicates that the restaurant has been closed due to "unforeseen circumstances."
"To Our Valued Guests,
Due to unforeseen circumstances this restaurant is temporarily closed. We do have several neighbouring Swiss Chalet locations ready to serve our guests' needs!"
Another sign indicates the store has been closed for reasons beyond management's control.
While the news isn't good for locals who love rotisserie chicken, the city is far from a Swiss Chalet wasteland.
The brand operates locations in the Hurontario and Eglinton area and Dixie and Dundas area, which aren’t far from the Dixie and Eglinton store.
Sadly, another Swiss Chalet restaurant at Burnhamthorpe and Central Parkway also appears to be closed, as the phone number seems to have been disconnected.
There's no word on when the Dixie and Eglinton Swiss will reopen, but the closure does appear to be temporary.
- A once-bustling Swiss Chalet location has shut down in Mississauga
- Swiss Chalet restaurants now offering Lay’s Chalet Sauce Chips
- Here’s what a now-closed Swiss Chalet location in Mississauga is becoming
- Harvey's, Swiss Chalet offering front-line workers 50 per cent off amid pandemic
- You Can Now Get Poutine at This Major Restaurant Chain
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Mississauga to ask region to temporarily ban the sale of non-essential goods at big box stores
- Peel Region sets record high for COVID-19 cases today
- Region will not prohibit big box stores from selling non-essential goods in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery in Mississauga