Busy Summer on Tap at Pearson Airport
Nearly 10 million passengers will be heading through Canada's largest airport this summer at Toronto's Pearson International Airport, making it the busiest in the airport's history.
An average 150,000 passengers are expected daily in July and August.
"As Canadians prepare to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the founding of our nation, demand for air travel through Canada's largest city continues to grow," said Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) VP of communications and stakeholder relations Hillary Marshall.
With Fridays and Mondays typically the busiest travel days this summer, the GTAA is expecting to see its highest daily passenger volume on the four Fridays in August:
- August 18: 157,558
- August 4: 157,502
- August 11: 157,496
- August 25: 157,494
If it's been a minute since your last vacay, you may notice a few changes at Pearson. There are 16 new automated baggage drops, 65 additional border crossing kiosks, and updated CATSA Plus technology.
CATSA Plus, a series of process improvements to speed passenger efficiency through security screening, is now available at Terminal 1, U.S. departures, and will be rolled out to all airport checkpoints in the next three years.
Passengers arriving this summer will experience YYZ Live, which showcases live music from local artists at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. daily.
Here are a few quick travel tips:
- Check in online from home or on your cell phone
- Arrive at least two hours before a domestic flight, and three hours before an international flight
- Reserve parking in advance to guarantee a spot and to take advantage of promotional offers
- Prepare travel documents well in advance, and keep them easily accessible through check in, security screening and customs processes
- Pack smart and dress for security screening.
(Source: Greater Toronto Airports Authority )
Remember to pack your patience!
- Expect Delays On the Busiest Travel Day at Pearson Airport
- Faster Security Process Comes to Toronto Pearson Airport
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pearson Airport Baggage Handlers and Ground Crew on Strike
- What Happened to Terminal 2 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga?