Busker Season is Coming to Mississauga
Summer is just around the corner and you know what that means—buskers galore in Mississauga.
Recently, the city announced that registration is officially open for Mississauga's busker program.
For the second year in a row, the program will allow artists to set up shop on city streets starting in May. According to the city, 25 buskers will be accepted to the program.
The cost to register is $35 and those interested in participating must complete and submit a registration form available here.
Once approved, buskers must pick-up their photo ID from Customer Service at Mississauga Central Library (301 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.)
Naturally, there are a few rules and regulation.
Buskers may only perform at official 'Busk Stops' between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. daily and they can perform for up to two hours at one stop per day.
The busk stops include Port Credit (104 Waterfront Trail), Jack Darling Park, Celebration Square, Streetsville Village Square, Lake Aquitaine Park and Paul Coffey Park.
Buskers cannot perform during scheduled events at Busk Stops in Port Credit, Celebration Square and Streetsville Village Square.
So, if you have some talents to show off this year, sign up and start prepping your routine for summer!
- Mississauga Warning Residents to Steer Clear of Ticks
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Brand New Waterfront Restaurant Set to Open in Mississauga
- Police Warning Residents of Scam Targeting Specific Community in Mississauga
- Find the perfect Back-to-School Stationery Collection at MUJI Square One in Mississauga