Busker Season is Coming to Mississauga
Summer is just around the corner and you know what that means—buskers galore in Mississauga.
Recently, the city announced that registration is officially open for Mississauga's busker program.
For the second year in a row, the program will allow artists to set up shop on city streets starting in May. According to the city, 25 buskers will be accepted to the program.
The cost to register is $35 and those interested in participating must complete and submit a registration form available here.
Once approved, buskers must pick-up their photo ID from Customer Service at Mississauga Central Library (301 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.)
Naturally, there are a few rules and regulation.
Buskers may only perform at official 'Busk Stops' between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. daily and they can perform for up to two hours at one stop per day.
The busk stops include Port Credit (104 Waterfront Trail), Jack Darling Park, Celebration Square, Streetsville Village Square, Lake Aquitaine Park and Paul Coffey Park.
Buskers cannot perform during scheduled events at Busk Stops in Port Credit, Celebration Square and Streetsville Village Square.
So, if you have some talents to show off this year, sign up and start prepping your routine for summer!
- New Lotto Winner Celebrating Big Win in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Some Residents Advised to Evacuate Their Homes Due to Flooding in Mississauga
- Mississauga Could Soon Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- Hedley Will Play in Mississauga Despite Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- One-Of-A-Kind Mississauga Restaurant Launching a Food Truck