Bus Driver Shortage Affecting Mississauga
If you're a parent of a school-aged child (or if you're a school-aged reader who regularly takes the bus), you might have noticed a few scheduling hiccups recently.
If you're frustrated, you are not alone.
According to the Student Transportation of Peel Region's (STOPR) website, Mississauga has been experiencing troublesome bus schedule disturbances due to a lack of qualified drivers in the city.
"School bus service providers, under contract with STOPR, are experiencing a shortage of qualified drivers," the organization's website reads.
STOPR says that the shortage is negatively impacting school bus service across the entire Peel region, but that the problem is most prevalent in Mississauga. It assures parents -- who are surely annoyed at the delays -- that efforts to solve the problem are ongoing, but does warn people that it might take some time to iron out a solution.
If you have a child who uses the bus frequently, you can refer to the website's Delays & Cancellations section to find out how long any delays will last.
For more information, visit STOPR's website or call 905-890-6000.
- School Bus Delays Remain Huge Problem in Mississauga
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Peel MPPs Accuse Peel District School Board of Spreading False Information
- Is Your (or Your Child's) Mississauga School a Good One?
- Ford Offering Money For Mississauga and Peel District School Board To Find Savings