Burlington's Joseph Brant Hospital new site for vaccination clinic
Halton residents 80 and over can now also book appointments to get vaccinated at Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington.
That brings the number of Halton Region COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics to five.
Located at 1245 Lakeshore Road, the hospital’s Pandemic Response Unit (PRU) can be accessed through the South Tower Main Entrance off Lakeshore Road.
The vaccination site is the second set up in Burlington. The Compass Point Bible Church, located on 1500 Kerns Road, will also be administering doses.
“More good news on the vaccination front this morning,” Burlington Mayor Marianne Meed Ward said on social media. “The online booking system has just opened, so if you are 80 years or older please go to Halton.ca and you can sign up and book your appointment to get a vaccination.”
“We have another location opening up in Burlington at Joseph Brant Hospital, the pandemic response unit,” Ward continued. “Any Halton resident can book at any of the now five locations throughout Halton Region, so go online and get your appointment and stay healthy and stay safe.”
Built in partnership with Halton Region and the City of Burlington, Eric Vandewall, President and CEO of Joseph Brant Hospital, says the PRU was designed to help meet the evolving healthcare needs of the community and the surrounding area during the pandemic.
“The flexible and innovative design of the PRU allows us to easily reconfigure the PRU to now become as a vaccination clinic, and possibly a designated vaccination centre in the future,” Vandewall said. “This valuable resource will help us respond to where the need is greatest at this time; helping protect those most at risk and minimizing virus spread.”
Halton residents 80 and older can book an appointment at any of the five COVID vaccination centres through its online booking system of by calling 311. No walk-ins will be allowed.
Other Halton vaccination sites include:
GEORGETOWN - Gellert Community Centre, located at 10241 Eighth Line
OAKVILLE - St. Volodymyr Cultural Centre, 1280 Dundas Street West
MILTON - Milton Centre for the Arts, 1010 Main Street East
Additional sites may be identified as required.
For more information on Halton Region’s COVID-19 Vaccine Program, visit halton.ca/COVIDvaccines.
JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL PHOTO
- Halton's online vaccination booking to launch on Wednesday
- Halton confirms illegal immigrants, refugees eligible to get vaccinated in Oakville, Burlington and Milton
- Halton Health hiring for operation of its vaccine clinics
- Hamilton's FirstOntario Centre to be used as large-scale COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Burlington hospital needs urgent help from community to 'avoid crisis'
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move