Burlington's Harmer earns Juno nomination for latest album release 'Are You Gone'
Burlington singer-songwriter Sarah Harmer is up for a Juno Award.
Canada’s music awards announced Tuesday that Harmer’s latest release Are You Gone has been nominated for the 2021 Adult Alternative Album of the Year.
Harmer is one of five nominees. Also up for the award is Bahamas with Sad Hunk, Basia Bulat with Are you in Love?, Begonia with Fear and Rufus Wainwright with Unfollow The Rules.
The vocal environmental activist, who has got behind pipeline issues, took 10 years to release Are You Gone.
“Thanks @JUNOAwards!,” Harmer said on her Twitter feed after news of her nomination. “This is some fine company.”
The Weekend, whose real name is Abel Tesfaye, led all Canadian artists with six nominations after he was snubbed at the recent Grammys.
JP Saxe, Justin Bieber and Jessie Reyez all received five nominations.
The 50th annual Juno Awards ceremony is set for May 16 and will air on CBC TV.
- Juno Nominated Deesha Releases New Album
- Justin Bieber leads Canadian Grammy nods, Kaytranada among new artist contenders
- Crown Lands, Judgement highlight Oshawa Music Awards nominations
- Nominations for the 2021 Oakville Community Spirit Awards are now open
- "Obsession" video released by Juno nominated Deesha
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- Married parents of two from Milton celebrating big lotto win
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer