Burlington will open public libraries to help local residents keep cool
Published June 20, 2022 at 4:29 pm
With Halton Region officially declaring a heat warning for tomorrow, Tuesday, June 21, Burlington has designated all library branches as cooling centres.
Heat warnings are issued by Halton Region when temperatures are expected to be at least 31°C and overnight temperatures are above 20°C for at least 3 days or humidex is at least 40 for at least 2 days.
In addition, you can bring your dog inside the library to cool off if you’re out for a walk.
Here are the locations of Burlington’s public library branches:
- Aldershot Branch: 550 Plains Rd. E., 905-333-9995
- Alton Branch: 3040 Tim Dobbie Dr., 905-634-3686
- Brant Hills Branch: 2255 Brant St., 905-335-2209
- Central Branch: 2331 New St., 905-639-3611
- Kilbride Branch: 6611 Panton St., 905-335-4011
- New Appleby Branch: 676 Appleby Line, 905-639-6373
- Tansley Woods Branch: 1996 Itabashi Way, 905-336-5583