Burlington Shooting Suspects Arrested in Mississauga
Three male suspects have been arrested in downtown Mississauga Friday evening following an early morning shooting in Burlington.
The arrest was made near Burnhamthorpe Rd. and Duke of York Blvd., with Halton police seizing two loaded handguns and a vehicle.
The investigation is ongoing, say police, and more details are expected to be released late Friday.
Reports came in about several gunshots near Ross St. and Olga Dr. at 4:30 a.m.
"We just know there was two shots fired," said Halton police Det. Jared McLeod on Friday morning.
"Nobody was hit. We don't see any vehicles that have been hit."
That's downtown just west of Brant St., right by Central Public School.A dark SUV was seen heading north on Ross St. but no suspect info was available.
Two casings were found.
Investigators say they believe it's a targeted act and there's no further risk to the public.
Witnesses and residents with surveillance cameras are being asked to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Jared McLeod of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2385.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers "See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers" at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Burlington Shooting Suspects Nabbed in Mississauga Parking Lot
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Suspect Sought By Halton Police in Mississauga Fraud
- Suspect From Mississauga Arrested Following Shooting in Halton
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery
- Arrest made after vehicle travelled wrong way on Hwy 403 Mississauga
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win