Burlington Shooting Suspects Arrested in Mississauga
Three male suspects have been arrested in downtown Mississauga Friday evening following an early morning shooting in Burlington.
The arrest was made near Burnhamthorpe Rd. and Duke of York Blvd., with Halton police seizing two loaded handguns and a vehicle.
The investigation is ongoing, say police, and more details are expected to be released late Friday.
Reports came in about several gunshots near Ross St. and Olga Dr. at 4:30 a.m.
"We just know there was two shots fired," said Halton police Det. Jared McLeod on Friday morning.
"Nobody was hit. We don't see any vehicles that have been hit."
That's downtown just west of Brant St., right by Central Public School.
Two casings were found.
Investigators say they believe it's a targeted act and there's no further risk to the public.
Witnesses and residents with surveillance cameras are being asked to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Jared McLeod of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2385.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers "See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers" at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Major Intersection Closed in Mississauga Following Collision
- Large Scale Police Blitz Coming To Mississauga
- Mississauga Residents Part of Massive Group Lotto Win
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Mississauga