Burlington residents will return to polls to fill school board seat
Next week public school supporters in Burlington’s Ward 1 and 2 will begin the process of filling a vacant seat on the Halton District School Board.
Voting in the byelection will take place between May 15 and 29 to fill the position left vacant when Matthew Diodati was forced to resign due to health reasons.
Here is what you need to know about the voting process:
- Voting takes place between May 15 and 29, 2023.
- Eligible voters have three ways to vote:
- online, using internet voting, from May 15 to 19, 2023
- in person, at advance polls on May 24, 2023
- in person, on election day, May 29, 2023
- Individuals eligible to vote in the by-election for Halton District School Board Trustee – Burlington, Wards 1 and 2 must be:
- a current English-public school board supporter
- be a resident of Burlington (own or rent) in Ward 1 or Ward 2
- non-resident, but you or your spouse own or rent residential property in Ward 1 or Ward 2
- 18 years of age or older
- a Canadian citizen
- not prohibited from voting under any law
Most answers to questions about the election process can be found here.
Here are the candidates:
- Robbie Brydon
- Celina Close
- Michael James Duhacek
- Chris Goff
- Anthony Alexander Hoyes
- Omar Kayed
- Ross Montgomery
- Daniel Warren Oke