Burlington resident celebrating big lotto win after she just started playing
Alan Ingram of Burlington is celebrating after winning a $100,000 top prize with Encore.
“I started playing Daily Grand recently,” Ingram told OLG. “I check my tickets every morning and it was pure luck.”
According to OLG, while waiting for his coffee to brew, the retired, married father of two and grandfather of three checked his ticket using the OLG Lottery App.
“My wife was talking about how the pandemic affected us and I showed her my phone screen and said, ‘Maybe this will help,’” Ingram told OLG.
Ingram is planning to save his winnings.
“This win is going to help ease the burden of the pandemic. It’s a blessing,” he told OLG.
The winning ticket was purchased at Suds & Duds Nebo Variety on Rymal Road in Hamilton.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Brampton school sends 18 staff members home over COVID-19 scare
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- Some elderly Brampton and Mississauga residents can get COVID-19 vaccines much sooner than expected
- Mississauga and Brampton schools get hit by the COVID-19 variants