Burlington man carrying box with Nike shoes beaten and robbed by six men
Halton Regional Police are investigating the beating and robbery of a Burlington man by six men.
On Monday, around approximately 8:30 a.m., the 24-year-old victim was walking on a sidewalk on North Shore Boulevard East, near Joseph Brant Hospital, when a red SUV pulled up to him.
Six males jumped out of the red SUV and then demanded the man hand over a shoe box, containing Jordan 1 Nike shoes, he was carrying.
When the victim didn’t comply, the six men assaulted him, striking him numerous times before stealing his wallet and fleeing the area.
The victim would suffer minor injuries.
Police believe the suspects may have been after the Nike shoes the man had in the box because of their high resale value.
Halton Police are asking that anyone with information regarding this incident call them at 905-825-4747 or they can call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
- Burlington police looking for suspect who attempted to rob jogger at Bronte Park
- Mississauga Boy Charged After Oakville Robbery Victim Beaten With Tree Branch
- Halton police investigating series of pharmacy robberies
- Police Seeking ATM Robbery Victim in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Child Allegedly Assaulted in Peel
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Police responding to males trying to jump from bridge into Credit River in Mississauga