Burlington Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting will focus on labour crisis
Published October 6, 2022 at 10:52 am
In partnership with Burlington Economic Development, the Burlington Chamber of Commerce is hosting a half-day symposium featuring a pair of keynote speakers and panels.
The topic will be the ongoing labour crisis and its impact on businesses while providing actionable solutions to employers to adapt and overcome today’s current workforce challenges.
The Workforce Symposium panels will be comprised of industry leaders who will share their perspectives and critical insights and will be followed by actionable solutions and resources driven by a panel of business owners and experts.
Here is the agenda for the Monday, Oct. 17, morning event:
- 7:30 a.m.: Registration and breakfast
- 8:20 a.m.: Keynote speaker Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
- 9:10 a.m.: Panel: Industry Overview — moderated by Rick Goldring, former mayor of Burlington
- 9:50 a.m.: Break
- 10:25 a.m.: Keynote speaker Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development
- 11:15 a.m.: Panel Solution Overview — moderated by Daniel Safayeni, vice president, of policy at the Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Noon: Event ends & networking
Tickets cost $79 each or a table of eight for $600. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the chamber’s website.