Bring the restaurant experience to you this Valentine’s Day
While that romantic Valentine’s Day dinner will have to be done at home this year, you can still create your own restaurant experience at home — and enjoy a mouthwatering meal from one of Mississauga’s favourite Italian restaurants.
All you need is a little space at home to set up the meal, some creativity to help set the mood, and let Michael’s Back Door take care of the rest.
Michael’s Back Door is putting love in the air (and on our tastebuds) with its special Valentine’s Day menu, offering an authentic Italian three-course meal for you to take out and enjoy with that special someone in your life.
The meal can be pre-ordered by February 9 by calling the restaurant at 905-822-5751.
Executive Chef Mark D’Souza’s 3-course price fixe menu offers four delicious entrees to choose from (starting at $46):
- Penne Alla Toscana with Chicken, Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Parmigiana Cream
- Braised Lamb Shank on Bean Cassoulet with Asparagus and Braising Jus
- Sauteed Rainbow Trout with California Red Rice, Asparagus, Pineapple Salsa and Yellow Pepper Coulis
- Roasted Chicken Supreme stuffed with Spinach and Cheese with Fingerling Potatoes, Asparagus, and Sundried Tomato Cream Sauce
Appetizers include your choice of the House Caesar Salad, Eggplant Parmigiana, Creamy Corn Chowder, or Smoked Salmon.
For dessert, enjoy a slice of decadent Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing or a silky-smooth Mocha Cheesecake.
Michael’s Back Door has got your back — check out the Valentine’s Day menu and bring the restaurant experience home.
Those who know Michael’s Back Door enter the restaurant through its back door (hence the restaurants name), conveniently located in the lot at the back of the building. If you know, you know.
The family owned and operated restaurant — still run by the original owners, the Morra family — will be celebrating their 40th year this year.
Since its opening in 1981, it’s impressed Mississauga not only with its Italian menu — which has evolved over the years but remained authentic to its classic Italian roots — but also its feature menus throughout the year (such as the seafood festival in June and the wild game feature menu in September), and its distinctive dining atmosphere which includes a room with a glass solarium, an intimate dining area with cozy and intimate sections, and private dining rooms.
While dine-in remains closed due to the lockdown, the restaurant is open for takeout and delivery, and is offering 10% off all takeout orders from the dinner menu as well as 20% off all bottled wine. You can order takeout by calling 905-822-5751 or get delivery via Skip the Dishes.
Michael’s Back Door — Rediscover a Classic!
- Here is a list of restaurants that are doing special Valentine's Day menus this year in Mississauga
- Enjoy a three-course menu this Valentine’s Day from Celebrity Chef Massimo and Capra’s Kitchen
- Iconic Mississauga Restaurant Offers Exciting New Menus Throughout the Year
- IKEA offering takeout options for restaurant menu items
- Delicious New Menu Items Coming to This Authentic Italian Restaurant in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU
- Ontario pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine pilot to begin next week with Oxford-AstraZeneca