BREAKING: Walmart NOT Opening in Lakeview in Mississauga
The controversial Walmart that was slated to take shape in a new plaza in Lakeview in Mississauga will not be opening.
According to City Councillor Jim Tovey’s website, the equally derided and desired superstore will no longer be occupying the prime real estate it was scheduled to call home.
Walmart provided the following statement:
"Since 2006 we have opened more than 320 Walmart Supercentres, which have proven very popular with customers and are present in almost every market in the Canadian market. We are redirecting our focus and investment to improve our existing network of stores, distribution centres and ecommerce offer. As a result we will not proceed with plans to open the store at Lakeshore and Cawthra".
While the news is big, it isn’t coming as a shock. For months, there’s been confusion as to whether or not the store will open.
Now, it looks like we have our answer.
We will keep you posted on what might occupy the space instead.
- Mississauga Councillor to Meet Walmart CEO Regarding New Store by Port Credit
- What's Happening with the Lakeview Walmart in Mississauga?
- Top 5 Things That Should Occupy the Former Walmart Space in Mississauga
- Has Walmart Pulled Out From The Development By Port Credit?
- Walmart's Only Prototype Store in Mississauga Continues to Change Shape
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store