BREAKING: Peel Public Health orders closures of Amazon facilities in Brampton and Caledon
Peel Public Health has begun naming workplaces and businesses in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon that have been ordered to close due to COVID-19.
Public Health recently issued an updated Section 22 Order that will direct all businesses with five or more cases of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days to close for 10 days.
Businesses will have to close if it’s determined that the cases were acquired at work or if no obvious source of infection has been identified outside of the workplace.
The following businesses/workplaces in Brampton are currently closed:
- Amazon Fulfillment Centre YYZ-4, 8050 Heritage Road - Partial closure - Closed on April 24
The following businesses/workplaces in Caledon are currently closed:
- Amazon Fulfillment Centre YYZ-7, 12724 Coleraine Drive - Partial closure - Closed on April 24
A full closure applies to an entire workplace premises, while a partial closure may apply to a mass dismissal of a shift or work area.
Businesses will be removed from the list after being allowed to reopen by Public Health.
- 14 businesses that closed in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: April 24 to 30
- Two Brampton and Caledon Amazon fulfillment centres partially closed by health department
- CLOSURES: Five more workplaces in Mississauga and Brampton partially closed over COVID-19
- Brampton business first to be ordered fully closed by Peel Health for COVID-19 cases
- The list grows for COVID workplace closures in Mississauga and Brampton, 16 in Peel Region now
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19 updates, vaccines and tickets - May 4, 2021
- Mississauga woman accused of abduction
- WANTED: Cops hunt four Brampton men on the run
- Police concerned for well-being of 29-year-old Mississauga woman