BREAKING: Province reports 3,443 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths
The province is reporting 3,443 new cases of COVID-19 today (Saturday, January 9) and 40 new deaths linked to the virus.
Locally, there are 1,070 new cases in Toronto, 548 in Peel, 303 in York Region, 282 in Windsor-Essex County, 179 in Ottawa, 78 in Halton, and 67 in Hamilton.
72,900 additional COVID-19 tests have been completed since yesterday and 2,915 more cases were resolved.
The province recently surpassed the 4,000 mark in new daily casss, reporting 4,249 new cases yesterday (January 8) and a spike of 89 COVID deaths the day before (January 7).
Today’s case data is now available on the province’s website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Ontario premier Doug Ford in isolation
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently