BREAKING: Province reports 3,443 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths
The province is reporting 3,443 new cases of COVID-19 today (Saturday, January 9) and 40 new deaths linked to the virus.
Locally, there are 1,070 new cases in Toronto, 548 in Peel, 303 in York Region, 282 in Windsor-Essex County, 179 in Ottawa, 78 in Halton, and 67 in Hamilton.
72,900 additional COVID-19 tests have been completed since yesterday and 2,915 more cases were resolved.
The province recently surpassed the 4,000 mark in new daily casss, reporting 4,249 new cases yesterday (January 8) and a spike of 89 COVID deaths the day before (January 7).
Today’s case data is now available on the province’s website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga