BREAKING: Ontario reporting new record high of 1,924 COVID-19 cases today
The province is reporting a new high of 1,924 cases of COVID-19 today (Sunday, December 6).
This surpasses the previous high of 1,859 cases reported on Saturday, December 5.
Locally, there are 568 new cases in Toronto, 477 in Peel, and 249 in York Region.
Since yesterday, there are 1,574 more resolved cases and nearly 59,300 additional tests completed, according to Minister of Health Christine Elliott.
"The spread of COVID-19 has reached a critical point. We need everyone to do their part and follow public health advice to stop the spread of COVID-19," Elliott said.
Today’s case data is now available on the province’s website at covid-19.ontario.ca/data.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,588 new COVID-19 cases
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,328 COVID-19 cases, with 385 in Peel
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new high of over 1,000 new COVID-19 cases today
- BREAKING: Ontario reports new daily high of 2,432 COVID-19 cases
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,581 COVID-19 cases
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February