BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,588 new COVID-19 cases
The province is reporting a new high of 1,588 cases of COVID-19 today (Saturday, November 21).
Locally, there are 522 new cases in Peel, 450 in Toronto and 153 in York Region.
Since yesterday, there are 1,363 more resolved cases and nearly 46,700 additional tests completed, according to Minister of Health Christine Elliott.
“The spread of COVID-19 has reached a critical point. We need everyone to do their part and follow public health advice to stop the spread of COVID-19,” Elliott said.
The province announced on Friday that Peel and Toronto will be moving into lockdown beginning this week due to an increase in cases.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new record high of 1,924 COVID-19 cases today
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,328 COVID-19 cases, with 385 in Peel
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,581 COVID-19 cases
- Ontario reporting 1,534 new COVID-19 cases, 14 new deaths
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting record 1,132 new COVID-19 cases, 258 in Peel
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Ontario expected to expand COVID-19 vaccine eligibility again this week
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings