BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,588 new COVID-19 cases
The province is reporting a new high of 1,588 cases of COVID-19 today (Saturday, November 21).
Locally, there are 522 new cases in Peel, 450 in Toronto and 153 in York Region.
Since yesterday, there are 1,363 more resolved cases and nearly 46,700 additional tests completed, according to Minister of Health Christine Elliott.
“The spread of COVID-19 has reached a critical point. We need everyone to do their part and follow public health advice to stop the spread of COVID-19,” Elliott said.
The province announced on Friday that Peel and Toronto will be moving into lockdown beginning this week due to an increase in cases.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new record high of 1,924 COVID-19 cases today
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,328 COVID-19 cases, with 385 in Peel
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,581 COVID-19 cases
- Ontario reporting 1,534 new COVID-19 cases, 14 new deaths
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting record 1,132 new COVID-19 cases, 258 in Peel
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules