BREAKING: One Injured in Explosion in Mississauga
One person is injured following an incident in Mississauga this afternoon.
Around 12:20 p.m., Peel Paramedics reported that there was an explosion on Tonolli Road, in the area of Queensway and Dixie Road.
Paramedics were called to the scene, where they assessed one person with minor injuries and searched for any other victims.
No further victims have been found, paramedics report.
Paramedics remain on scene as officers and emergency services attend the area.
Road closures are expected.
Residents should avoid the area for now.
UPDATE: Police report that the incident took place at an industrial building. The building has been evacuated.
- Peel Paramedics on Scene Following Possible Propane Tank Explosion
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Person in Distress in Mississauga
- Paramedics on Scene for Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Paramedics Called to Scene After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Paramedics on Scene for Condo Fire in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious