BREAKING: One Injured in Explosion in Mississauga
One person is injured following an incident in Mississauga this afternoon.
Around 12:20 p.m., Peel Paramedics reported that there was an explosion on Tonolli Road, in the area of Queensway and Dixie Road.
Paramedics were called to the scene, where they assessed one person with minor injuries and searched for any other victims.
No further victims have been found, paramedics report.
Paramedics remain on scene as officers and emergency services attend the area.
Road closures are expected.
Residents should avoid the area for now.
UPDATE: Police report that the incident took place at an industrial building. The building has been evacuated.
- Peel Paramedics on Scene Following Possible Propane Tank Explosion
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Person in Distress in Mississauga
- Paramedics on Scene for Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Paramedics Called to Scene After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Paramedics on Scene for Condo Fire in Mississauga
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga votes to allow Hindu temples to temporarily broadcast hymns