BREAKING: Man Arrested For Allegedly Attempting to Murder a Child
A Brampton man is facing charges in connection with what police are calling the attempted murder of a child.
Peel police say that on Thursday, July 19 at 6:06 a.m., officers received a 911 call regarding a 5-year-old who had gone missing from his home on McHardy Crt in Brampton.
Police were told that the child was last seen at approximately 2:00 a.m.
At 6:59 a.m., the child was located by a K9 officer near the train tracks.
Police say the child was unconscious and showed signs of physical trauma.
Police say the child was transported to hospital via ambulance, where he was listed in life threatening but stable condition and later transported to a trauma center.
Today, police arrested 28-year-old Brampton man Dyon Smart, who police say was known to the victim.
The accused was arrested and charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and more.
The accused appeared in court for a bail hearing today.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators with the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Mississauga Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Detention Centre Murder