BREAKING: Man Arrested For Allegedly Attempting to Murder a Child
A Brampton man is facing charges in connection with what police are calling the attempted murder of a child.
Peel police say that on Thursday, July 19 at 6:06 a.m., officers received a 911 call regarding a 5-year-old who had gone missing from his home on McHardy Crt in Brampton.
Police were told that the child was last seen at approximately 2:00 a.m.
At 6:59 a.m., the child was located by a K9 officer near the train tracks.
Police say the child was unconscious and showed signs of physical trauma.
Police say the child was transported to hospital via ambulance, where he was listed in life threatening but stable condition and later transported to a trauma center.
Today, police arrested 28-year-old Brampton man Dyon Smart, who police say was known to the victim.
The accused was arrested and charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and more.
The accused appeared in court for a bail hearing today.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators with the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police Looking for Information About Child Pornography Suspect
- Peel police make arrest in child luring investigation
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19