BREAKING: Major Retail Outlet Set to Close in Mississauga
We've seen big American retail chains such as Target set up shop in Canada and leave just as quickly. Now, another major retail chain is getting set to scale back and close stores as well.
Lowe's has announced that they are set to close over 50 locations across Canada and the United States. That translates to 31 stores in Canada.
"While decisions that impact our associates are never easy, the store closures are a necessary step in our strategic reassessment as we focus on building a stronger business," said Marvin R. Ellison, Lowe's president and CEO.
"We believe our people are the foundation of our business and essential to our future growth, and we are making every effort to transition impacted associates to nearby Lowe's stores."
RONA Mississauga (Westdale Mall)
1133 Dundas Street West, Mississauga
RONA Mississauga (Lakeshore)
1692 Lakeshore Rd, Mississauga
In Mississauga, the locations set to close are the Rona locations at Westdale Mall and 1692 Lakeshore Road by Clarkson. The large Lowe's store on Mavis Road is not on the list.
Rona was bought by Lowe's for $3.2 billion in 2016.
Other Canadian stores set to close are in North York, Sault Ste. Marie, Kingston, Peterborough and Sudbury.
Stores are set to close as of February 1, 2019.
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- Police Respond to Multiple Vehicle Collision in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga