BREAKING: Garbage Collectors on Strike in Mississauga
Bad news, everyone—some garbage collectors are on strike in Mississauga.
The Region of Peel recently advised residents that one of Peel's waste collection contractors is currently engaged in labour negotiations. Well, it looks like the negotiations did not lead to a solution.
A settlement was not reached, so some garbage collectors are officially on strike.
If you live in an area that is affected (see below), you will have to deal with collection delays and missed pick-ups.
Residents who do not live in the affected region should not experience any garbage day disruptions.
Despite the strike, residents are advised to continue to follow their regular collection schedule and leave any missed collection material at the curb.
You can also bring waste to a Community Recycling Centre, where it will be free to drop off garbage, recycling and yard waste. The hours will be extended to accommodate those affected by the strike.
Stay tuned to insauga.com for more developments.
- Important garbage and waste collection news for Mississauga residents
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Three women injured in Mississauga apartment attack
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Amber alert called off as girls found safe