BREAKING: Garbage Collectors on Strike in Mississauga
Bad news, everyone—some garbage collectors are on strike in Mississauga.
The Region of Peel recently advised residents that one of Peel's waste collection contractors is currently engaged in labour negotiations. Well, it looks like the negotiations did not lead to a solution.
A settlement was not reached, so some garbage collectors are officially on strike.
If you live in an area that is affected (see below), you will have to deal with collection delays and missed pick-ups.
Residents who do not live in the affected region should not experience any garbage day disruptions.
Despite the strike, residents are advised to continue to follow their regular collection schedule and leave any missed collection material at the curb.
You can also bring waste to a Community Recycling Centre, where it will be free to drop off garbage, recycling and yard waste. The hours will be extended to accommodate those affected by the strike.
Stay tuned to insauga.com for more developments.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga