BREAKING: Garbage Collectors on Strike in Mississauga
Bad news, everyone—some garbage collectors are on strike in Mississauga.
The Region of Peel recently advised residents that one of Peel's waste collection contractors is currently engaged in labour negotiations. Well, it looks like the negotiations did not lead to a solution.
A settlement was not reached, so some garbage collectors are officially on strike.
If you live in an area that is affected (see below), you will have to deal with collection delays and missed pick-ups.
Residents who do not live in the affected region should not experience any garbage day disruptions.
Despite the strike, residents are advised to continue to follow their regular collection schedule and leave any missed collection material at the curb.
You can also bring waste to a Community Recycling Centre, where it will be free to drop off garbage, recycling and yard waste. The hours will be extended to accommodate those affected by the strike.
Stay tuned to insauga.com for more developments.
- Police Investigating Shots Fired into Mississauga Residence
- PHOTOS: Here is Everything That’s Coming to the New Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- Police Make One of the Largest Gun Seizures in Region’s History
- Report Suggests Criminal Money is Driving Up Housing Prices in the GTA