BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
Trillium Health Partners (THP) has declared an outbreak of COVID-19 in a unit at Credit Valley Hospital.
In a recent statement, THP said that four patients in an inpatient unit have tested positive for COVID-19. An outbreak has been declared as a result.
THP says that it’s working closely with Peel Public Health and has taken immediate precautions to protect patients and staff.
“Under the guidance of THP Infection Prevention and Control, the unit was placed on appropriate precautionary measures, and all steps have been taken to quickly manage and identify any individuals with potential exposure to the virus,” THP said in a statement.
THP says the four affected patients are being relocated to a unit exclusively for coronavirus patients.
All other patients on the unit are being actively monitored for symptoms associated with COVID-19.
“Our top priority is the safety of patients, our health care workers and the community. As we continue to see community spread of COVID-19, THP remains vigilant and is actively preparing measures to respond to additional cases and outbreaks,” THP said.
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga Hospital’s emergency department
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak affecting staff members at Mississauga Hospital
- Five COVID-19 outbreaks declared at a hospital in Mississauga
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga
- Ford ousts Tory legislator from caucus after anti-lockdown letter
- Enforcement of Ontario’s new stay-at-home orders: an explanation
- Peel Police say Mississauga residents are calling 911 to find out if it is okay to go out